Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mommy dearest

Why must I run away from the one who has always protected me from the world?
Why must I run to the things that want to bring me down, that only give you death?
When all I want to do is live? How can I choose life if I am following death?
I know you want the best for us but sometimes the right thing and the hardest thing are the same.
I don’t know how hard it is for you but can you see me how hard it is for me?
I have been given life only for it to be lived by others. When will it be my turn?
When will I be aloud to play with the others and not just with whom I am aloud to play with.
I love you. I know you love me. I know you live for us but whom are we living for if we are not living.
Yes it hurts to let go but is letting go always the hardest thing to do when that is all we want.
You want to give us the world but we will settle for our freedom.
When will it be our turn to worry about you, ok so if you don’t have us then who do you have.
You have each other, how much more do you want to give us when you have given us life.
You have led us the right way, through the lumps and bumps of life, now stand back and watch us fly.
Fall we may, but that is exciting for us, because as you learnt some hard times some good times.
So too must we.

No comments:

Post a Comment